MDNX acquires Easynet
London, 12th December 2013 – MDNX Group, the UK’s largest independent carrier integrator delivering optimal managed networking and hosting solutions to the UK market, is pleased to announce its agreement to acquire the entire issued share capital of Easynet, a global provider of managed networking, hosting and cloud integration services, from LDC. The combination of Easynet and MDNX (together “the Group”) will create the largest independent network and hosting integrator in Europe. The merged operations of the two businesses will operate under the Easynet brand going forward. The combination has been backed by Equistone Partners Europe Limited, one of Europe’s leading mid-market private equity managers, which will hold a majority stake in the newly formed Group. LDC has reinvested in the newly formed Group to acquire a minority stake alongside MDNX management.
- Transformational acquisition that combines two highly complementary businesses
- Easynet’s robust relationships with an impressive blue chip customer portfolio, underpinned by a reputation for strong service delivery
- MDNX’s advanced front and back office automation capability, along with an excellent reputation in the UK Public Sector market
- The adoption of a universal carrier integration business model
- Complementary knowledge and experience
- An increased scale of operation, which will allow the combined businesses to offer a geographically expansive, flexible and competitive service portfolio to customers
- Strong capabilities in managed networking, managed hosting and cloud infrastructure services, unified communication services, application performance management and security services
- Highly skilled and committed staff
- Acquisition expected to be accretive in the first year
The dynamic new Group is focused on delivering outstanding network, cloud, applications management and hosting services to public and private sector customers. The new operation, trading under the brand name Easynet, brings together the innovative product portfolios and shared customer service commitments of both Easynet and MDNX, and combines the organisations’ technical expertise and strong track records in the industry. This integration creates a dominant Group clearly structured to deliver a portfolio of business critical data services which will help customers drive growth and profitability, and gain a competitive edge in their markets. Easynet and MDNX are passionate about serving the needs of their customers, and this service ethos will run the entire way throughout the new organisation.
All countries within the Easynet Group will be part of this transaction, with the exception of the business in Germany. For a number of years, Easynet’s business in Germany has been successfully operating and developing its business specialising in the provision of unique high-end IT sourcing solutions to the Enterprise market. To enable this business activity to accelerate its growth further, the decision has been taken for it to become an independent, standalone business. Owned by its current shareholders, LDC and the management team, this independent business will now have a greater level of flexibility to further develop in the area of IT sourcing solutions. All customers stay with this company which will be renamed in 2014 to Nexinto GmbH.
In addition, the newly formed Group will create a new company in Germany into which all the dedicated network assets from the former German branch of Easynet will be transferred. It will then invest to build a new business in Germany which will be called Easynet Global Services GmbH and will partner with Nexinto in global network business.
Mark Thompson, Chief Executive and founder of MDNX, will also lead the new Group as Chief Executive, supported by Wayne Churchill as Chief Operating Officer and Mike Mulford as Chief Financial Officer. Former Easynet Chief Executive, Greg Clarke, will take up the role of non-Executive Chairman of the Group.
Greg Clarke said: “IT is driving huge transformation in businesses across the world, with data, cloud and applications management finding a place on the board’s agenda. Now more than ever, these organisations need a reliable, customer-focused organisation with innovation at the heart of its business, integrated with a compelling carrier integration business model and back-office systems. Bringing together Easynet and MDNX has created scale in skills, knowledge and operational excellence”. He continues, “Combining forces with Easynet enables MDNX to benefit from the Easynet brand and to develop its business outside the UK, establishing a strong footprint in Europe. At the same time, Easynet benefits from the strength and great reputation of MDNX in the public sector market in particular, as well as its impressively structured back office automation, business systems and carrier integration business model.”
Chief Executive Officer for the new group, Mark Thompson said, “Combining the knowledge, portfolio and operational excellence of two leading-edge companies gives us a springboard to accelerate growth. We can change the way in which global businesses experience and interact with data, information and applications. Easynet and MDNX are perfectly aligned in terms of customers, products and service strategies, so the coming together of the businesses creates a dynamic collaborative organisation. It’s fantastic news for our customers”.
LDC has reinvested in the newly formed Group to acquire a minority stake alongside MDNX management.
MDNX is the UK’s leading independent integrator providing critical managed networks to major UK enterprise, local government and channel partners. It provides and proactively monitors services for 600 channel partners and 3000 customers, managing some of the most complex customer networks in the UK by integrating all the major UK carriers into its core integration network. Operating six high security data centres, with a 24/7 service desk, MDNX is committed to customer excellence. With numerous compliance accreditations under its belt, MDNX has also been approved by the Government Procurement Service to provide managed networks and shared services under the PSN. MDNX is headquartered in Bracknell. For more information, please visit www.mdnx.com.
Over Easynet Global Services
Easynet Global Services levert netwerk-, hosting- en cloud integratiediensten. De onderneming heeft klanten, werknemers en kantoren op elk continent en combineert een wereldwijde aanpak met lokale ervaring. Dat leidt dan ook tot een gepersonaliseerde ervaring, waar de gebruikers zich ook bevinden. Tot de klanten behoren onder meer EDF, Sage, Yakult, Transport for London, Bridgestone, Q-Park en Campofrio. Easynet wordt geleid door het managementteam, samen met LDC (Lloyds TSB Development Capital). LDC is de belangrijkste middenmarkt-afdeling privaat vermogen van Lloyds Banking Group.
Ga naar www.easynet.com voor meer informatie.
Volg Easynet op Twitter: @easynet. Voeg Easynet toe op LinkedIn: Easynet Global Services
Contactpersonen voor de pers
Easynet Global Services
Cathy van de Garde
T : 020 – 798 9898
E : Cathy.vandeGarde@easynet.com
T : 023 – 562 8208.
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
About Equistone Partners Europe
Equistone Partners Europe Limited is an independent investment firm owned and managed by the former executives of Barclays Private Equity.
- In January 2013, Equistone successfully completed the final closing of Equistone Partners Europe Fund IV with total capital commitments of €1.5bn.
- The Company is one of Europe’s leading investors in mid-market buyouts with a successful track record spanning over 30 years, with more than 350 transactions completed in this period.
- Equistone has a strong focus on change of ownership deals and aims to invest between €25m and €125m of equity in businesses with enterprise values of between €50m and €300m.
- The Company has a team of 36 investment professionals operating across France, Germany, Switzerland and the UK, investing as a strategic partner alongside management teams.
- Equistone Partners Europe Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- For further information, please visit www.equistonepe.com.